About the Admins and Mods
The admins and mods aren't here to be bullies or dictators, but rather try to keep everything in line and make sure the board doesn't fall headfirst into the flaming pits of internet hell. ^__^ If you disagree with something an administrator has done then try and talk to the admin and figure out if you two can solve the problem peacefully so you both can avoid it again - in other words dont come barging in like a ninny demanding someones head just 'cause your toes got stepped on :). That way you can avoid confrontation and everyone can be happy. ALL Admins reserve the right to delete or edit what they deem fit, HOWEVER no admin is allowed to abuse their status over others.
- Manik Blitz FanGirl and Tigergirl Soldier
- Riley E. Rogers and RRWolve. (New Mods pending)
Flames, bashing, and insults are not tolerated.
2. Cursing & Sexually Explicit Material
- Debate with civility - We encourage intellectual, cool, or funny discussion on all boards. Feel free to debate ideas and opinions, but not the people expressing them. You can disagree with someone's opinion without resorting to petty insults to make your point. If a moderator or administrator feels that a topic could possibly start a flame war, he or she has every right to delete or close it.
- Don't bring fights here - If you don't like someone, take it to email. Our forum is not a place for you to let loose grudges or point out what you don't like about someone else.
- Obviously; sexism, racism, any sort of bigotry is not allowed - This includes using "gay" or similar terms to express disapproval of something.
- Bashing - When you debate or post an opinion, try to use solid arguments. Don't say that something "sucks" without giving reasons, and preferably examples, too, to back your opinion up. Do not act as if what you say is correct only because you said it or because you heard someone else say it. "I HATE BLITZ HE'S STUPID!" is not an argument no matter what spin you put on it. :P However "I hate Blitz because... and this is proven in these examples..." is a valid argument.
Severe cursing, lewd material, and rude innuendo are not allowed.
- Keep posts at a G/PG rating unless you put a CLEAR warning - Obviously, the definition if these terms is subjective. In general, and don't post or link to anything you wouldn't want a 10-year old to see. A 10-year old probably WILL see it, and besides, most of the older posters don't want to read "offensive" content either!
- Censoring - The EZBoard cursing censors are on, but they dont delete @$$, dam*, or hell. Don't curse like a drunken sailor and NOT expect to be told to tone it down. DO NOT attempt to bypass the censor by replacing a few characters in the curse word with asterisks.
These are additional rules that are very important, but don't fit in the other categories.
- Make your posts readable - Don't type everything in caps, and please try to use something that resembles proper grammar in your writing.
- Be patient in responses - Just because your post doesn't get replies quickly, that doesn't always mean that none read it. Sometimes people may not reply because, quite frankly, they dont have anything to say. :P If you post frequently, or try to talk with people and/or be friendly, the local forumers may be more responsive. As a bit of advice - try posting topics that others are interested in, don't post things that have already been said somewhere else, and try to make good conversation in already existing topics. Dont be afraid to say "I disagree" or add something new to the conversation. BUT DO NOT clutter the board with "WHY ISN'T ANYONE RESPONDING TO ME YOU ALL DONT LIKE ME!!!!" because nine times out of ten, stuff like that only annoys people and makes them want to AVOID responding.
- Good insanity vs. bad insanity - Good insanity involves some creativity or effort, and is designed to entertain or encourage replies. Filling a topic with baby talk or words related to biological functions is not comedy. Keep in mind that random is not the same thing as funny - most successful jokes are not completely random. Also, If you're writing a script involving other forumers, don't write them grossly out of character.
- I was just kidding around! - _DO NOT_ use "Oh I was just kidding!" as an excuse for flaming or spamming. That's annoying. Do it and try and see if you can kid yourself out of a warning.
- Posting on topic - Keep your posts in the right topic sections. Like don't post fanfics in the art section.
- Links - Don't link to porn. PERIOD!
- Please Use Signatures, Pics, And Icons Properly - If your sig is larger than the post you're writing, please uncheck it (there's a checkbox under the posting form) when you post. All sigs (with or without any pics) are to be no more than 325 pixels in height and 570 pixels wide or 50K in file size. If you must have music in your sig, it must not auto-start. If there is flash, music, and/or pics in your sig, the file size must be small so you don't exceed the 50K file size limit for sigs. Side pics should be 120 pixels wide or less. Sigs, pics, and icons should be appropriate for this board - don't use profanity, bigotry, etc. Failure to comply with the stated rules will result in a warning as well as the possible removal of your sig and/or icon depending on the offense.
- DO NOT ABUSE THE SMILIES! - Smilies rock, but don't get obnoxious with them. ^__^ Don't place so many smilies in a post that you cant load it. :P And by that I mean like 50 lines worth of the same grinning circle. :D